ROLE MODELS – PART FIVE
HAPPY NEW YEAR
I have developed a checklist for anyone to use for evaluating a candidate you would recommend as a Role Model for our children to admire. The only fatherless children I ever knew as a boy were ones who lost their father in World War 2. Fathers and mothers are supposed to be Role Models for their children. Until the Pearl Harbor attack, mothers raised their children instead of grandparents, day care centers or sadly no one. Times have changed and now as few mothers truely raise their children and look at some of the statistics related to children who spend their entire life with no father.
•63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (US Dept. Of Health/Census) – 5 times the average.
•90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average.
•85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)
•80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes –14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol. 14, p. 403-26)
•71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (National Principals Association Report)
•75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes – 10 times the average.
•70% of youths in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (U.S. Dept. of Justice, Sept. 1988)
•85% of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Fulton Co. Georgia, Texas Dept. of Correction)
• 43% of all US children live without their father [US Department of Census]
Daughters of single parents without a Father involved are 53% more likely to marry as teenagers, 711% more likely to have children as teenagers, 164% more likely to have a pre-marital birth and 92% more likely to get divorced themselves.
If this shocks you as it did me, I encourage you to read more and really get shocked. When will the American people wake up and get involved? Now Obama and Congress are racing to add 13 million more aliens to these statistics for only one reason. Power, re-election and electing Hillary Clinton for 8 more years of destruction is the only reason.
Before you get to the checklist I would like to ask you to use the same criteria to evaluate your current member of the House of Representatives, both Senators and who you voted for in the last Presidential election. You could use this for State and local elected positions. If you do evaluate those you voted for, would you vote for them again? Yes or No. If you answered “No” have you determined why you chose them or do you really care who are “Role Models” for your children?
ROLE MODEL CHECKLIST
CIRCLE YOUR ANSWERS
1. As a Leader, would you follow (him/her) anywhere, anytime and support their every position? Yes — No or Who Cares
2. Do you truly believe (he/she) is ethical, honest and trustworthy? Yes –No or Who Cares
Yes or Who Cares means you would or possibly have recommend (him/her) to be a Role Model for your children, grandchildren or great grandchildren? The “Who Cares” must be the people who voted for Obama and the Democrats as I can’t think of even one who meets the criteria of question 2. For that matter I have the same problem when I review the Republicans I voted for. Folks we are leaderless and short on Role Models for our children to admire.
If you feel you need some more detail coaching to answer the above two questions, I have compiled some detailed questions you can use to help you decide.
TWENTY ABILITY QUESTIONS
1. Do you feel they might be depriving a village somewhere of its idiot?
2. Like a small puppy – do they run around excitedly, leaving little messes for other people to clean up?
3. As leaders have they passed being a has-been and they are actually a never will be?
4. When they open their mouth, it is only to change the foot that was previously in there?
5. Could they function as a leader or organizer in a 2 man submarine?
6. Do they carry out each and every one of their duties only to their satisfaction?
7. Would they be out of their depth in a parking lot water puddle?
8. Are they technically sound, but socially impossible?
9. Do they have occasional flashes of adequacy that are marred by an attitude of apathy and indifference?
10. Do they remind you of a gyroscope, always spinning around at a frantic pace, but not really going anywhere?
11. When they reach rock bottom do they keep digging?
12. Could they organize a woodpecker picnic in a National Forest?
13. Do they work well when under constant supervision or when cornered like a rat in a trap?
14. Are they the sharpest knife in the drawer?
15. Do they have two brains; one being lost and the other out looking for it?
16. Did they get into the gene pool while the lifeguard wasn’t watching?
17. Do they have a room temperature IQ score?
18. Do they drink from the Fountain of Knowledge or just gargle?
19. Are they brain dead and just don’t know it?
20. Are they so busy they don’t know whether they found a rope or lost their horse?