ARE YOU SICK OF POLITICAL EVERYTHING – I AM!
Recent decisions by the Supreme Court proves that the laws of the land no longer apply if “Compassion” is the reason enacted laws are unfair. Sad day for those who lost freedoms to gain the votes of those who got new freedoms. I am writing an article on the impact for Christians that the courts are punishing again.
Avoiding the newspaper and TV news on purpose, I read a message from Jim Heck, who is an old golfing buddy. Jim lives in Lufkin Texas and we share our information frequently. As a native Texan I have known several of the facts he sent but I did learn some new ones. I achieved my goal and learned something new. I did throw in a few personal remarks to piss some Liberal’s off today. That’s my job!
- Port Arthur to El Paso: 889 miles. Port Arthur to Chicago: 770 miles
- Brownsville to Texline (north of Amarillo): 956 miles. Texline to Canada: 960 miles
- El Paso is closer to California than to Dallas
- World’s first rodeo was in Pecos, TX July 4, 1883.
- The Flagship Hotel in Galveston is the only hotel in North America built over water. Destroyed by Hurricane Ike – 2008!
- The Heisman Trophy was named after John William Heisman who was the first full-time coach at Rice University in Houston, Texas.
- Brazoria County has more species of birds than any other area in North America.
- Aransas Wildlife Refuge is the winter home of North America’s only remaining flock of whooping cranes.
- Jalapeno jelly originated in Lake Jackson in 1978.
- The worst natural disaster in US history was in 1900, caused by a hurricane in which over 8,000 lives were lost on Galveston Island.
- The first word spoken from the moon, July 20, 1969, was “Houston” but the Space Center was actually in Clear Lake City at the time.
- The King Ranch in South Texas is larger than the state of Rhode Island.
- Tropical Storm Claudette brought a US rainfall record of 43″ in 24 hours in and around Alvin in July of 1979.
- Texas is the only state to enter the US by TREATY, (known as the Constitution of 1845 by the Republic of Texas to enter the Union) instead of by annexation. This allows the Texas Flag to fly at the same height as the US Flag, and Texas may choose to divide into 5 states.
- A Live Oak tree near Fulton is estimated to be 1500 years old.
- Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in the state.
- Dr Pepper was invented in Waco in 1885. There is no period in Dr Pepper.
- Texas has had six capital cities: Washington-on-the Brazos, Harrisburg, Galveston, Velasco, West Columbia and Austin
- The Capitol Dome in Austin is the only dome in the US which is taller than the Capitol Building in Washington, DC (by 7 feet).
- The San Jacinto Monument is the tallest free standing monument in the world and it is taller than the Washington Monument.
- The name ‘Texas’ comes from the Hasini Indian word ‘tejas’ meaning “friends”. Tejas is NOT Spanish for Texas
- The State Mascot is the Armadillo. An interesting bit of trivia about the armadillo is they always have four babies. They have one egg, which splits into four, and they either have four males or four females.
- The first domed stadium in the US was the Astrodome in Houston
- The Beck family ranch land grant is one days ride by horse (25 miles) in each direction from the headquarters.
- The name of the XIT ranch in Dalhart Texas stands for “ten in Texas”. That means 10 counties in Texas!
How many of these facts did you know? I learned ten new things myself. I did not ask whether you care about them.
Cowboy Ten Commandments posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Farlie, Texas: (It’s not the grammar but the ‘intent’)
(1) Just one God.
(2) Honor yer Ma & Pa.
(3) No telling tales or gossipin’.
(4) Git yourself to church meeting.
(5) Put nothin’ before God.
(6) No foolin’ around with another fellow’s gal.
(7) No killin’.
(8) Watch yer mouth.
(9) Don’t take what ain’t yers.
(10) Don’t be hankerin’ for yer buddy’s stuff.
Did y’all git all that?
Never fear the ACLU, Muslim Brotherhood, Obama, the Supreme Court, Al Sharpton and MSNBC will be in action immediately after I publish this article.
Our Liberty is insured by 4 Boxes!
The Ballot Box.
The Jury Box.
The Soap Box.
The Cartridge Box
Democrats invented stuffing the Ballot Box and allowing dead voters, ask LBJ.
With our federal courts now controlled by politics the Jury verdicts against Liberals will be overturned anyway.
Obama has “TOTAL CONTROL” over all national soap boxes
The Cartridge Box is next on the agenda and will be outlawed before Obama retires. If he retires?