I have been under the weather for over five weeks and they can’t isolate ant reason why. One trip to the ER, three different Doctors and every test imaginable have been punishing but it appears that approaching 86 is the cause. I still read every day but concentrating required to write has been difficult.
Thankfully I have many friends who share articles and until I can improve I will share some of the most interesting with you. The article “Conundrums” was sent by my old friend Dr. Peter Forrest. I hope you enjoy the unique analogies as much as I did? I have no idea who wrote this and if you know I would be delighted to give credit if known. C Brewer
The definition of the word Conundrum is: something that is puzzling or confusing.
Here are six Conundrums of socialism in the United States of America
1. America is capitalists and greedy – yethalf of the population is subsidized.
2. Half of the population is subsidized – yet they think they are victims.
3. They think they are victims – yet their representatives run the government.
4. Their representatives run the government – yet the poor keep getting poorer.
5. The poor keep getting poorer – yet they have things that people in other countries only dream about.
6. They have things that people in other countries only dream about – yet they want America to be more like those other countries.
Think about it! And that, my friends, pretty much sums up the USA in the 21st Century. Makes you wonder who is doing the math.
These three, short sentences tell you a lot about the direction of our current government and cultural environment:
1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.
Funny how that works. And here’s another one worth considering…
2. Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money. But we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money !What’s interesting is the first group “worked for” their money, but the second didn’t.
Think about it…..and Last but not least :
3. Why are we cutting benefits for our veterans, no pay raises for our military and cutting our army to a level lower than before WWII, but we are not stopping the payments or benefits to illegal aliens.
Am I the only one missing something?
“If you do not take an interest in the affairs of your government, then you are doomed to live under the rule of fools.” – Plato