HOW MANY TIMES DO WE LET OUR GOVERNMENT RUIN THE ENERGY INDUSTRY?
Every time I watch our own government let the Arabs destroy our petroleum industry it makes my blood boil. Thirty-eight years ago, I was recruited to leave a twenty-seven-year career in the Aerospace industry because of new and unnecessary bureaucratic government regulations. There was a need to awaken the industry to modern Quality System advantages but to single out only selective devices was the typical way our own government plays games with the lives and future of targeted segments of a huge industry segment. Of the hundreds of high-pressure devices used in the exploration and production of oil and gas, this new regulation only involved two devices. The reason was the word “safety” was in their nomenclature. The regulation was titled ANSI/ASME – SPPE-1/2 and only applied to Surface and Sub-Surface “Safety Valves”. The limitation of this requirement only applied to equipment used in US Offshore Waters. To hell with the land environment where most devices should be used.
Four of the next five years was the most exciting time in my long career in Quality which should be titled “Customer Satisfaction”. I traveled to exotic places like Saudi Arabia and many surrounding countries and many locations in Europe, Scandinavia and many states. Improvements were made in both Safety and Reliability but only in these selective device families that the government demanded. Without boring you the worst spill in history was caused by the failure of a device called a blow-out preventer and a questionable well completion operation. Amazingly the two safety devices targeted by the government are not installed until the well is completed.
If true experts were allowed to question the millions of regulations imposed by law on industry after industry it would explain why industries disappear like the coal industry under Obama-Clinton. It would also show the public how the Keystone Pipeline fiasco is destroying an industry segment to protect the rail industry and investors like Warren Buffet who is more powerful. Folks, it is time to make the bureaucrats justify the destruction of targeted industries to satisfy the “Tree-Huggers”, the Wall street Barons and the Congressmen who allow these boondoggles and fatten their pockets. Until Trump appeared on the scene, I and I am sure thousands of other Americans had no voice.
I am long retired and live in the forest of East Texas where I watch young Americans grow up and have no jobs. Sadly, they must go elsewhere to make a living before they can retire where they were raised in Gods Country. Most must work in the petroleum industry, many offshore and on the Intercostal Waterway to make a living for their wives and children who can live here. When I read articles like the one below it makes me mad as hell to watch these fine young people manipulated by politicians and they have no voice. Well, maybe they will have if the women and our “Welfare Army” can’t get Hillary the Witch elected for another 4-8 years of mismanaged bureaucracy. Only “We the People” can stop this destruction of the freest country ever created by people with a vision that has lasted 200 plus years. Please give Trump a chance. Read this carefully before you vote for another Demoncrat.
This was sent by my great friend Ron Jenkins who lives in San Antonio. C Brewer
This a quote from an oil executive in south Texas who was instrumental in developing Eagle Ford Shale Oil Field (a major, new oil field in South Texas). He cites just one critical economic factor that could be extremely detrimental to America’s road to recovery from eight years in the financial doldrums.
“I think I just heard the biggest LIE I have ever heard in a debate. And if Mrs. Clinton really believes what she said then that just shows beyond a shadow of a doubt how ignorant and out of touch with reality and the energy business, she is. She said, and I quote, ” for the first time EVER as a country, we are now ENERGY INDEPENDENT”.
The absolute facts are this:
- We use in excess of 18,000,000 barrels of oil every day in this country. Of that total, we IMPORT 10,000,000 barrels every day from foreign countries. A large percentage of that total comes from the Middle East and Mexico.
- Over 1,000,000 jobs have been lost, in the past 2 years, in the energy industry because we are so DEPENDENT on foreign oil; they can do whatever they want, price and the supply-side. And, because they know they have us by the throat they can flood the market with low-priced oil for the sole purpose of putting domestic oil and companies out of business. Over 1,000,000 energy jobs were lost and the “ripple effect” from that is millions of other the jobs that directly benefit from a robust domestic energy industry.
- The so-called Iran “Peace deal” allowed 1,500,000 barrels of “additional oil” to be sold on the world market. Thus, adding to the foreign oil total and further endangering the viability of domestic oil production companies.
- The EPA is strangling the life out of the domestic energy industry. They do this with restrictive regulations and by closing down huge areas of government-owned land, to private energy company oil exploration. The revenue derived by developing those lands would earn billions of dollars annually and truly makes us INDEPENDENT from foreign oil.
- Wind and solar are a joke. The projects are only viable, economically, because the government subsidizes every solar panel and every windmill built. If you took all the energy created from wind and solar it would only amount to seven-tenths of one percent (0.7%) of all the energy put into the grid currently. That’s right… less than 1% of our daily energy demand and it costs billions of dollars in government funding!!!
Liberal Progressive policies put more credence on the theory of “man-made global climate change” than on trying to solve our energy DEPENDENCE on countries that HATE us and then use the same dollars we pay them to buy guns, bullets, missiles and bombs to kill us with. They know that our entire country would come to a screaming halt if they quit selling us oil and we lost those 10,000,000 barrels a day that currently power our country.
The media will avoid this issue like the plague because it was such a moronic and out of touch statement, that makes HRC look like she has no idea what’s going on and has no concept of reality. I was absolutely shocked she made such a statement.
We have enough undeveloped, yet known reserves of oil, natural gas and coal, to power this country for the next 500 years, if we only had anyone in Washington that actually knew what the hell was going on in the energy industry, plus the will and power to do something about it!!
Hillary Clinton is a perfect example of the ineptness of our current leadership. So far she has promised a litany of “Free Stuff” to almost every constituency except for the working people who pay the vast majority of US income taxes. Free college education at state universities. expanding subsidized housing and food entitlements, extending welfare entitlements indefinitely and borrowing ourselves into oblivion. She proposes mortgaging our future generations into a financial fiasco that will mirror the failing socialist regimes of Europe, Asia and South America; just to get votes!!
As with this and other revelations of ineptitude, bribery and corruption, at the highest levels in the State Department, Justice Department, IRS and FBI, it is too late for all those voters who have cast their votes “Early”.
I hope we all survive the next four-year ride on the USS Banana Republic.