HEALTH CARE – WHAT ARE YOUR SUGGESTIONS?
I received this interesting suggested plan to apply to healthcare to both make it affordable and effective. I have read this several times and it motivated me to see if anyone of the some 700 people who will receive this will take the time to share dialog. I will withhold my suggestions for the first time ever and see if;
a. Does anyone even read this? It is short and someone took their time to at least get involved, will you? I expect to receive maybe five comments to share with others. If five do respond it will be the most to take time to share their views since I decided to put up rather shut up six years ago.
b. If anyone will take the time to express their thoughts about this proposal in writing? Making comments to anything I post is simple and easy.
c. The Internet is the greatest tool man has ever had to learn, opine, and help others evaluate anything. If you take the time to respond to this article you actually might motivate one or more people to get involved. When people get involved they will also learn.
I have written over 1100 articles that are available free to inform, challenge and hopefully help improve our ability to communicate with each other. America is now divided more than it has ever been in my nearly 87 years. The hate, damage and destruction of other Americans property, violent protest, prohibiting others to express their views and actually maiming and killing for political reasons is unacceptable to normal people worldwide. I receive nothing for the hours I spend reading and writing but self-satisfaction. If I have challenged others to peacefully get involved, I have helped.
I have no idea who compiled these proposed changes to improve our healthcare debacle but I appreciate their attempt to propose another thought for us to ponder. Congress will never have consensus on anything again. The “Left” at this point would never agree that our blood is “Red”, that the White House is “White” or that a bluebird is “Blue”. Schumer would protest motherhood if the media provided him free face time to spout his hate filled dialog. GOD SAVE AMERICA C Brewer
PROPOSED HEALTHCARE SYSTEM!
- If we get rid of insurance systems, market forces will help contain the rising cost of healthcare. But in respectable/civilized societies, letting people die because they can’t afford healthcare is inhumane. So, some form of efficient healthcare support is needed.
- A single-payer system run by the government might be good from control and cost perspective, but this doesn’t address the potential for fraud and inefficiency.
Keeping these points in mind, we propose the following framework:
- Two percent of all income gets deducted and put in a personal account (similar to Health Savings Account currently in use). Because US median income is about $55,000, this will mean roughly $1100 per earning member.
- No specific insurance company-negotiated rates for any medical procedure/medicine/consultancy will be allowed. All providers must list the price for their products and services open
- When you need medical care/products/services, you can get it from whomever/wherever you like anywhere in the country. Expenses will be paid from the 2% account mentioned above until it is fully drained. At the end of the year, if it still has funds left, it is given back to the individuals. This will make sure people use coverage carefully and the providers who provide good quality services at low cost thrive.
- Once that account is drained, the healthcare system will kick in and pay for all additional coverage at 98% rate. The remaining 2% will still be paid by the individual user of the service. This will ensure that all needed coverage is available without bankrupting individuals while the 2% cost share by users will ensure that there is still a small cost (like co-pay) to restrict and discourage abuse.
- Because one huge federal program administering healthcare may lead to fraud or abuse, we can either set up a separate nonprofit entity (like US post office) that handles healthcare or let the states manage it at the state level with block grants based on the size of the population so that smaller offices/budgets/geographic proximity can limit fraud/abuse. But the care/products/services are standardized nationwide so that states don’t get to limit/deny coverage.
- Allow anyone to buy pharmaceutical drugs from anywhere in the world. The simple act of opening up the market will make sure the prices remain real and not inflated due to regulation and middlemen.
- Eliminate Medicare, Medicaid, and other individual government-run healthcare systems to save cost and improve efficiency, as this one model can serve everyone in the country.
- Some details could be tweaked. For example, instead of 2%, it could be 1% or 3%. But establishing these principles in a simple, easy-to-understand system should be adequate to get things under control. ANON
WILL YOU GET INVOLVED?